Terms & Conditions
- The Contract
- The Terms and Conditions of Sale covers the supply of goods sold by CE Global Limited (we, us and our) (Company Registration Number 06081288, VAT Registration Number GB912861624) to our customer (you).
- All orders placed by you and purchases of goods and services from us, whether by telephone, by e-mail or by other means, as we permit, are governed by our Terms and Conditions of Sale to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions, and are subject to our approval, by delivery of the goods to you that you have, or by providing services to you (where applicable), at which point a legally binding contract is formed between us.
- A quotation for Goods and/or Services does not constitute an offer. Quotations are only valid for 24 business hours from the date of issue, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- The processing of your payment (where you have pre-paid) and acknowledgment of your order does not represent legal approval of your order.
- All orders placed by you and purchases of goods and services by you from us are subject to acceptance by us (as described in The Contract section). We may choose not to accept your order or purchase for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those instances.
- Where we accept your order, we have a legal duty to supply goods or services that conform to these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
3. Price and Payment
- The price payable for the goods or services you order, or purchase is as set out in the quotation from which you order, provided it is a current and valid quotation, plus any charges for delivery as advised to you. All prices exclude the current applicable VAT rate.
- All prices are correct at the time of quotation, and we reserve the right to update prices in future quotations which will then supersede the prices from any previous quotation. We also reserve the right to change prices for goods on extended lead times, but we will confirm the price and lead time with you before accepting your order or purchase.
- Occasionally, an error may occur, and goods may be either incorrectly priced or described, in which case we will not be obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price or in accordance with the incorrect description or at all. We reserve the right to correct any errors from time to time. We will (at our discretion) either cancel your order and refund the price you have paid or use reasonable efforts to contact you and ask you whether you wish to continue with the order at the correct price or correct description. If we are unable to contact you or you do not wish to continue with the order at the correct price or description, we will cancel your order and refund any price you have paid.
- We must receive payment for the whole of the price of the goods you order and purchase, and any applicable charges for delivery, before your order can be processed unless you have a credit account with us.
- If you are using a credit/debit card to pay for your order or purchase, you confirm that the card being used is yours or that you are authorised to use it. By using PayPal, you confirm that the PayPal account being used is yours.
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. All PayPal payments are subject to authorisation by PayPal. If the issuer of the card or PayPal refuses to authorise payment, we will not be liable for the item or service not being delivered or provided to you. We are not responsible for the card issuer or bank charging the holder of the card because of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order or purchase, or if PayPal charges you for making the order.
- We recommend that you do not communicate your payment card details or PayPal password to anyone, including us, by email or any other kind of messaging platform. We cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur in transmitting information to us by internet link, email, or any other messaging platform. Any such loss shall be entirely your responsibility.
- If you are a credit customer, you are responsible for all orders placed by your employees and for any purchases made on cards issued to you. We are not bound by an individual order limit you may impose on your employees.
- If you are a credit customer, you may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to us by reason of any right of set off or counterclaim, which you may have, or allege to have.
- We shall always be entitled to set off any debt or claim which we may have against you, against any sums due from us to you.
- The format of our invoice, credit, and statements to you will solely be dictated by us.
- Aside from exceptional conditions (as stated in the Termination section), we endeavour to deliver the goods/services in accordance with your order. We reserve the right to deliver any order in instalments by separate delivery shipments.
- Before placing your order, please ask about delivery options and lead-times to ensure that we can deliver to your address within your required timeframe. A valid signature may be required on collection or delivery. In the unlikely event that you have not received all the goods within the stated delivery time, you must notify us immediately. We strongly recommend that you do not schedule or commence any installation works until after you have received your order and checked all the goods are suitable for your purpose and do not have any defects or missing parts.
- For reasons of health and safety and to avoid any property damage, items can only be delivered to the exterior of a ground floor location at the delivery address. You must therefore make your own arrangements at your own risk if the relevant item needs to be transported from the delivery location. We will not provide any unpacking, installation, fitting or waste removal services upon delivery unless otherwise agreed beforehand by us in writing.
- You should do all that you reasonably can to allow delivery to take place at the given time and place, where applicable. If you delay delivery or delivery fails because you have not taken appropriate steps, we will try to arrange for an alternative delivery date. If delivery fails resulting from circumstances within your reasonable control, the cost of any re-delivery shall be borne by you. If we are unable to arrange a date for re-delivery, we may cancel your order and refund to you the price that you have paid for the goods or service (or credit you where you are a credit customer), less the failed delivery costs and any applicable restocking fee.
- Where you receive damaged goods, you must notify us within 48 hours of receipt, so that we can bring it to the attention of the courier, and so that we can arrange any return or replacement as agreed between you and us. Where goods are faulty (not damaged in transit) please see the section regarding Manufacturer’s Warranties and Guarantees. For cancellations, please see the section regarding Cancellations.
- We can deliver the goods/services as part-shipments (instalments), which will be invoiced and paid for separately. Each instalment is treated as a separate Contract. Failure by us to deliver any one or more of the instalments with regards to these Terms and Conditions, or any claim by you regarding any one or more instalments, does not entitle you to cancel the Contract or any other instalment.
5. Title and Risk
- Upon delivery of the goods to you, the goods shall be your risk and responsibility.
- Title (ownership) of the goods/services in question shall not pass to you until payment has been received by us, in full (cleared funds) and any other goods/services we have supplied for which payment has become due.
- Until Title (ownership) of the goods passes from us to you, you shall: (i) not be entitled to use the goods; (ii) safely hold the goods for use; (iii) return the goods to us immediately if we ask you to; and (iv) be liable to us for any loss, damage, or destruction of the goods. In addition, until the title in the goods passes from us to you, you shall store the goods at your own cost separately from all other goods in your possession and marked in such a way that they are clearly identified as our property. You grant us an irrevocable licence to enter, with or without vehicles, any of your premises for the purpose of inspecting or repossessing the goods
- All goods are subject to availability. We hold some goods in stock, but most will be on a lead-time, and you will be told which is the case when you receive your quotation. We will let you know what the estimated lead-time is on any goods your order, and if this changes due to unforeseen circumstances, we will endeavour to contact you using the details you have provide to us to ask you how you wish to proceed. We may, at our discretion, process any part of the order which is available, where agreed between us and you. Where goods become unavailable, we will refund you the price paid for such goods as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days or, in the case of a credit customer, we may, in our absolute discretion, as soon as possible raise a credit to offset any amount invoiced to you for this order or part thereof.
7. Manufacturer’s Warranties and Guarantees
- Most of our goods are sold with a manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or similar assurance (please see the relevant product description or ask our sales representative for further details). Any complaint, query or claim under a manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or similar assurance must be made direct to the manufacturer, and we do not have any responsibility or liability under or in connection with any such warranty, guarantee or assurance.
- Any manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or similar assurance applies in addition to your legal rights if you are a consumer (anyone who acts outside the course of their business, trade, or profession).
8. Cancellation, Return and Refunds
- Any order which you have sent to us and which we have accepted cannot be cancelled by you except with written agreement from us. In accepting our agreement, you shall reimburse us in full for any losses (including any loss of profit, costs of labour, materials, shipping, damages, charges, and expenses incurred by us because of this cancellation). We reserve the right to charge you a restocking fee of up to 25% to cover these costs.
- You will lose your right to cancel after the expiry of the 48-hour period referred to in the Delivery section. This does not affect your rights if there is any problem with the goods.
- To exercise your right to cancel, you may inform us of your decision to cancel by telephone or email, using the contact details set out in the Contact Details section below.
- On cancellation, for whatever reason, where you have received the goods, you must return the goods to us (together with the original packaging) without undue delay and in any event within 7 days after the day of the cancellation at your cost (except in the case of the Faulty Goods section below), unless we agree that you may dispose of them, in which case please comply with the manufacturer’s instructions before disposing of hazardous goods. You must return goods with all components and any promotional items received (including free gifts) or discontinued additional products.
For more information on the ways in which you can return the goods you have received, please contact your sales representative on our sales team. We may charge a fee for the carrier pick up service; the amount of the fee will depend on the goods returned.
- Following cancellation, subject to our Cancellation section, we will refund you the price paid, or amount invoiced for the cancelled order (or part of the order cancelled), less any restocking fee (where applicable) and delivery costs on the original order.
- We will refund you using the same means of payment as you used for your order or purchase.
- We reserve the right to make a deduction from the amount of the refund for loss in value of the goods returned where the goods show signs of unreasonable use; for these purposes, unreasonable use includes handling the goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. We may withhold any refund until we have received the goods.
- Your right to cancel does not apply to goods that are made to measure, made to order, made to your specifications, or clearly personalised. Your right to cancel does not apply to goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons if you have opened the product packaging after delivery.
- If you cancel your order for a product delivered direct from our supplier or manufacturer, please contact us and we will arrange for our supplier to raise an RMA and to see if they will approve returns or approve a return with a Restocking fee. Some collections may incur a charge; the amount of the charge will depend on the goods returned.
If a product is a non-stock item you are cancelling and the reason is due to it no longer being needed, this comes down to the manufacturer’s, or supplier’s return policy and we will advise of their decision in due course.
- If goods have been opened before you decide you want to return them, then the decision to accept or reject is down to the manufacturer or supplier and if they do accept the return, it may sometimes apply a Restocking fee, which we will advise at the time.
- Where the goods are being returned because they are faulty or incorrectly supplied, we will provide you with an RMA number and procedure for returning the goods. Your right to return goods in these instances is not limited.
- Most of our goods are sold with a manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or similar assurance. Where this is not the case, we will communicate this to you.
- In the case of faulty goods which are notified to us within 30 days of delivery, we shall, at our discretion, endeavour to either offer a repair or, where this is not possible, we shall replace the item with the same or equivalent model.
- In the case of faulty goods which are not notified to us within 30 days of delivery, you should contact the manufacturer directly.
Legal Rights as a Consumer
- The provisions of this section do not affect your legal rights if you are a consumer.
- If you purchased goods from us as a consumer, to the extent no prohibited by law, we accept no liability for any: (i) Loss which is not foreseeable (loss is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time you and we entered into our contract); (ii) Loss which arises when we are not at fault or in breach of these Terms and Conditions of Sale; (iii) Business loss (which includes loss of profits, loss of business, contracts, goodwill, business opportunity and other similar losses, as we as business interruption).
- If you are a trade customer, we are not liable to compensate you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of legal duty or otherwise), other than any refund we make under these Terms and Conditions of Sale or otherwise at our discretion.
- Without prejudice to the section above, if you are a trade customer, we shall not be liable to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of legal duty or otherwise) for any: (i) loss of profits, business, contracts, goodwill, business opportunity and other similar losses, or any business interruption; or (ii) indirect or consequential loss, neither will we be liable to you for any other loss which is not a foreseeable consequence of us being in breach of these Terms and Conditions of Sale or our statutory duties.
- If you are a trade customer, you acknowledge and agree that these Terms and Conditions of Sale constitute the entire and only legal agreement between us.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Sale is intended to affect your legal rights if you are a consumer, nor is it intended to exclude or limit our liability to you for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of applicable law.
- All goods and services are sold in accordance with the manufacturers specifications and are subject to any qualifications, representations or instructions contained in the documentation associated with the goods.
- If you are a trade customer and subject to the points above, we will not be responsible to you or, in the case that you are undertaking work for another person, to any other person, for the use or installation of any goods by you. Accordingly, if you are a trade customer, you hereby agree to hold us harmless from and indemnify us against any liability associated with, any claim or allegation that we are responsible for any failings in the installation or use of goods that we supply.
10. Age Requirements for Specific Goods
- Where you place an order for or otherwise purchase age-restricted goods such as solvents, you confirm that you are over the age of 18 and that (where applicable) delivery will be accepted by a person over the age of 18.
- We may suspend further supply or delivery, stop any goods in transit or terminate our contract by notice in writing to you if you are in breach of an obligation, or you become unable to pay your debts when they fall due, or proceedings are reasonably likely to be commenced by or against you alleging bankruptcy or insolvency or an administrator, receiver or administrative receiver is appointed, or is reasonably likely to be appointed over all or part of your undertaking and assets. Upon termination, any payments you owe to us (even if they are not yet due for payment) will be immediately due and payable, and we shall be under no further obligation to supply goods to you.
- We reserve the right to cancel or suspend any order or delivery without liability to you, and if the goods have been delivered but full payment is still outstanding, the price of the invoice/s will immediately become due and payable, if: (i) We reasonably believe you do not meet the age restrictions for certain goods and/or services; (ii) You fail to make payment when it is due or there is a breach of contract; (iii) You enter into or threaten to enter into any voluntary arrangement with your creditors, or you become subject to an administration order, or become bankrupt, or go into liquidation, or cease to trade, or if we believe any of these instances are about to occur; (iv) You commit or are party to any dishonest or fraudulent conduct in relation to this contract. If we believe you are involved in any illegal activity, we may be required to inform the relevant authorities without notifying you first; (v) Your financial position deteriorates to such an extent that we believe your ability to fulfil your obligations under the contract are no longer viable.
- We have the right to cancel or suspend any order accepted by us or delivery without liability to you if we are unable to fulfil the contract due to circumstances outside of our control.
12. Events Beyond Our Control
- We shall not be liable to you for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to goods supplied or delivered to you or for any other liability, in each case that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, accidents, extreme weather conditions, fire, explosion, flood, storm, earthquake, natural disaster, pandemics, failure of telecommunications networks, inability to use transport networks, mechanical failures, acts of God, terrorist attack, war, civil commotion, riots, strikes, lockdowns and other industrial disputes, acts or restraints of Government, and imposition or restrictions of import or exports).
13. Disposal of Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- The WEEE regulations ensure that the amount of waste on certain electrical and electronic equipment is reduced, separated from household waste, collected, and separately and ultimately disposed of in a sound environmental manner (recycled and recovered). If you are a trade customer, you agree that the collection, recovery/treatment, and disposal of non-household Electrical or Electronic Equipment purchased from us will be your responsibility. In the case of household waste, please take this waste to your nearest Designated Collection Facility (DCF) where special facilities exist for correct disposal.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Sale (including any provision where we exclude or limit our liability to you) is found to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected. Our contract shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with laws in the UK.
- All images are for illustration purposes only. Contents and/or accessories shown in images are not included unless stated in the product description.
15. Contact Details
If you wish to make an order, cancel or discuss your order, or make a complaint with respect to your order, please contact us by post at CE Global Limited C/O Barlow Andrews, 78 Chorley New Road, Bolton, BL1 4BY, United Kingdom, or by telephone on 0161 477 2201, or by email at Sales@CEGlobal.com.